One Wok: The combo review

Looking at the online menu, I was lost. The menu option was not as simple as it appeared to be. After the hassle of locating the actual menu, another problem became apparent there were too many categories on the sidebar. The categories went on and on, but at the bottom of the page was just what I was looking for – the combinations section.

While it may not have been my favorite Chinese cuisine meal, One Wok is probably the best bang for your buck nearby, at least for Chinese food. For $ 6.95, you can get a combination meal that includes the main entrée, a spring roll, and an order of chicken fried rice.

Even though the Kung Pao chicken lacked the spice that was advertised, it still was juicy and had a hint of zest to complement its savory taste. The chicken fried was on point with the rice not being too sticky. The spring rolls were large and tasted like a typical spring roll, a greasy, crispy texture. Something I appreciated greatly was the portion of the food. One Wok serves up a large quantity of food with a decent quality taste.

Areas for improvement
The service was subpar at best. The person answering the phone was very to the point but failed to be personable with me as the customer. If you just want your food, this is the place to go. If you want to ask how the employee’s day is then I wouldn’t recommend this place. It’s not the friendliest atmosphere. If you are getting delivery be ready to wait at least 30 minutes for your order.

With each combination plate comes a combination of vegetables. Be prepared for an abundance of vegetables piled high alongside your meaty entrée and chicken fried rice. Like I said before, I would have appreciated the Kung Pao chicken to be at least taste spicy as advertised.

One Wok is located Guilford College road, in between Hardees and College Dry Cleaners on 707 N College Rd. in Greensboro, North Carolina. Here’s the telephone number, (336) 315-5166. One Wok’s hours of service Monday thru Saturday are 10:30 a.m-10:30 p.m., and Sunday 11:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m.

I give One Wok three stars out of five.