Need a job near campus? Look no further

Theory: you are getting eight hours of sleep a night, making good grades in all of your classes, exercising regularly, financially secure and the word “stress” is not even in your vocabulary. Wrong.

Are you even in college if you are not stressed about anything? No, the majority of college students are stressed about almost everything. Yet, more than anything, what every student wants and needs is money.

No reason to stress further. Here in this list you will find the job you are looking for, and more importantly a job that is looking for you as well.

Jobs that require a car

New Garden

Target: they are currently hiring, but only 1-2 positions are available.

Panera: they are just as enthusiastic about hiring as they are about their bread.

Marshalls: always looking for more part-time workers.

Red Robin: in need of more waitstaff and basic customer service employees.

Office Depot: you may be jobless and lacking pens for class now, but no longer. Office Depot is hiring, and, with a staff discount, you will never have to ask to borrow a pen again.

Harris Teeter: if your fellow job-seeking peers beat you to the Harris Teeter near Quaker Village and Friendly Center, no worries. This location is also hiring.

Mario’s Pizza: accepting applications online.

Autobell: looking for bright personalities. Application process done online.

Friendly Center

Five Guys: this location in Friendly is happy to take applications at any time.

Belk: looking for new people come March’s warm weather.

Harris Teeter: currently hiring, applications are done online.

Zoe’s Kitchen: always hiring and accepting new employees.

Recreational Equipment Inc. (REI): currently hiring, but the process is done online at the REI website.

Altered State: looking for part-time associates for basic customer service needs.

Toys and Co.: not currently hiring, but will be in coming warmer months.

Chick-fil-A: Accepting applications for team member, part-time positions.

Caribou Coffee: currently hiring through an online application. No prior experience in the world of coffee making needed.

Ben and Jerry’s: currently accepting applications and on the lookout for new employees.

Friendly Pets: if you are particularly interested in the fluffy field of animal care, they are accepting resumes.

Jobs that don’t require a car

Quaker Village

Carolina Diner: hiring part-time workers.

Menchies: looking for a few more employees come March.

Harris Teeter: looking for part-time and night workers to help with stocking and also looking for cashiers.

CVS: accepting applications online.

Walmart Neighborhood Market: particularly enthusiastic about hiring and attempted to hire me on the spot.

Boston Market: looking for part-time employees for cashier positions.

Chick-fil-A: delve into the world of chicken minis and Sundays off, and they are currently accepting applications.

On Campus

Learning Commons: Looking for student tutors to provide academic support for those seeking it on campus. Potential tutors need an “A” or “B” in the class they intend on tutoring in and a professor recommendation. The hours you work are up to you and the student you tutor, making it very flexible with your course schedule.

Hege Library: Looking for students to help with maintaining the library by working at the front desk, the Research Help Desk and in the Technical Services workroom.

IT&S: Looking for Student Help Desk Associates.

Landscape and Grounds Department: Looking for a student groundskeeper. You will be the Hagrid of Guilford College.

Friends Historical Collection: Looking for an archives assistant.

Alumni Relations: In need of an Alumni Relations Office technical assistant.

Conferences and Events: Searching for conference and event assistant to help manage events happening on campus.