Apply for BAGC Boost scholarship

As students, we came to Guilford with dreams and high expectations. We each mark our own paths but we all have the same “end-game:” to walk off that stage holding that precious piece of paper which says we stayed the course and are ready to embark on our next great adventure.

Our eyes on the prize, we don’t consider what happens should the path become unclear, if the ground turns shaky. We know where we want to go, but an obstacle stands in the way. Maybe it is our sophomore year, and we don’t quite have enough financial aid to register for next semester. Maybe junior year we must decline a study abroad necessary for our major. Maybe we are a student who is just in need of a BOOST to stay on track.

The BAGC BOOST scholarship exists to be that type of support for students. Conceived in 2015 out of the vision of black alumni desiring to give back, the BOOST scholarship assists students with emergencies and recognizes academic excellence.

The BOOST Merit Scholarship is now accepting applications through April 29. The scholarship is open to any student enrolled full-time at Guilford College with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.8 or a term GPA of at least 3.0 or higher for the most recent two semesters. Eligible students must also be involved in at least two extracurricular activities and engaged in community service. Emergency award applications are taken monthly and target any student that meets Guilford’s need-based criteria.

Are you that student needing a BOOST? This award is for you by those who have taken this same trek. As alumni we cannot walk alongside you, but we can be there to catch you before you fall. You need only reach out and hold on.

BOOST applications may be picked up from the Multicultural Education Department (MED) in King 128D. Students may also email [email protected] to request an application. All applications for the merit scholarship must be turned in MED by 5 p.m. on April 29 to be considered.