No More Death

In 2010, a group of Guilford students went to Arizona to work on the US-Mexico border, and returned hoping to take another group the following year. This year, a group of 11 students flew to Phoenix Ariz. to work with No More Deaths, a humanitarian aid organization based out of Tuscon that cares for migrants crossing the border. As the group prepared for the trip, they sought financial support from sources on campus and the wider community. All the money for the trip was raised by participants and came from those who wanted to support these students on their spring break as they experienced how migration happens in the Sonoran Desert.

The stories here are all taken from the first-hand experiences and reflections of these students during their alternative spring break trip. Click the links below to explore different aspects of the trip, shared through photographs, videos, and reflective writing by the students involved.

To find out more about No More Deaths, visit http://www.nomoredeaths.org/