Mayan calendar predicts Armageddon

It’s the end of the world as we know it. And I feel fine. How about you? According to Robert Frost, “Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice.” What do you think?

The discussion about the infamous end of the world is back. It appeared shortly before the new millennium and has now returned with, ironically, more vitality. Perhaps these predictions are more accurate than some may think.

Recently in our world, several devastating events have occurred. Thoughts that all of this stuff cannot be a coincidence became prominent in everyone’s mind. First, there were terrorist attacks, then war, then a tsunami, then hurricane Katrina, what is to follow?

Some are saying this obviously means the end of the world is near. Well you know it IS getting close to Dec. 21, 2012.

According to the Thompson Projection, this date is, of course, “the last day ever according to the ancient Mayan calendar” – the day where some believe the world will come to an end.

The Mayans predicted many things on their calendars back in 755 A.D., and many scientists have translated these predictions to our calendar. Their findings can be found at lost-civilizations.net.

The Mayans marked on their calendar the total solar eclipse on July 11, 1991. This of course did happen and so did the prophecies that came along with it: cosmic awareness and earth changes. That evening, 17 different people sighted a silvery disc-shaped object hovering over Mexico City, and a once dormant volcano, Mount Popocateptl, suddenly became active.

The Mayans predicted that Sept. 11, 2001 would represent change in the physical and material world. They said that the day the U.S. attacked Afghanistan would settle an imbalance.

Their calendars showed days that empower certain energies and diminish others. They used these, along with their astronomical knowledge, to make predictions far into the future.

It’s amazing how these events actually happened true to their calculation. It makes me think that they knew what they were talking about and something will happen on Dec. 21, 2012.

The question that needs to be answered, I believe, is “What exactly is meant by the end of the world?” There are so many possibilities for how the projected apocalypse could occur.

If we go with the Mayans, scientists are saying that day is a transition of our planetary system into a true alignment with the core of our galaxy. Because this is an anomaly, many changes will occur. Nobody seems to know exactly what though, and the end of the world seems like a possibility.

Maybe it’s God trying to tell us that we are no longer even worthy of Earth because we have destroyed so much already. Perhaps, if the previous hypothesis is true, it could be either the end of human existence, as we know it, or the beginning of a new human existence.

Either way, it would be “the end of the world as we know it,” just like the R.E.M. song says. I wonder if the Mayans predicted that R.E.M. would write that.

Too many horrible things have gone on recently. I think it’s a sign that these are happening so close to 2012.

What makes this prediction so compelling is that there is history, recently, of others of their predictions coming true.

You have to give the Mayans credit for that; it’s not like anybody researches the Mayan calendar for a good day to, say, crash into the Twin Towers. It can’t just be a coincidence because their calendars are too precise for that.

It’s really eerie to think that our generation will be living right up to, and perhaps after, this astonishing prophecy made thousands of years ago.