Natural remedies instead of dangerous quick fixes

The lack of respect for natural necessity has put human well-being on a slippery slope. Humans have so much technology that we should be creating things that make our bodies more efficient, rather than machines that do our work for us. Many of the products consumed by people today are having a negative effect on the health of the world. Even the foods that we eat. Look on the list of ingredients to your favorite foods. Do you know what those words mean? They’re mostly chemicals, preservatives or additives, to make the mass marketing of food easier.

What those chemicals also do is cause a reaction in our bodies. Aspartame, a common sugar substitute, has been known to cause headaches, allergies, and nervous disorders; the antioxidant Butylated hydroxyanisole, found in fried foods, sodas, and chewing gum can cause hyperactivity, asthma, and high cholesterol.

When people come down with any of these symptoms, rather than try to figure out what caused it, we go to a doctor, who prescribes a drug. Some medicines that cure one illness can cause or increase chances of contracting another. The World Congress on Lung Health and Respiratory Diseases recognizes at least 310 prescription drugs used to treat non-respiratory inflammations, high blood pressure, and allergies, to name a few, that may cause at least 50 different lung diseases and syndromes.

It’s much easier to buy pre-made food and eat it on the run than to buy fresh food and prepare it yourself. But wouldn’t it be healthier and more helpful to our well-being if we used preventative methods instead?

There are countless fruits, vegetables, herbs, and fungi that occur naturally and are sources of nutrients for our bodies without harming our health. Many can be used to cure certain illnesses: chamomile is used to relieve indigestion, nervousness, headaches, and depression. Although its berries are poisonous, mistletoe can treat hyperactivity and headaches, and is being researched for possible cancer-treating qualities.

Medicine is only one area in which it would be beneficial to research things that exist naturally, rather than creating new experimental products. Although they are being developed, electric and solar-powered cars are not adequately being supported or accepted. So many fields of study have potential for advancement that it would be impossible to list them all.

In order for these programs to be funded, the government needs to adjust the budget. We need representatives in office who will push legislation in support of making things healthier for us instead of giving billions of dollars to pharmaceutical companies to come up with new drugs.

Humans are ignoring the natural needs of our bodies by practicing quick and easy ways to go about our lives. If more people took the time to find out natural reasons for things that we observe, and natural ways to fix them, the world would naturally be healthier. Being healthy typically boosts self-esteem and happiness. A higher state of well-being is certainly more probable if we try to make it happen.

Naturally.