Kurt and Jeff’s Pigskin Picks: NFL Picks

()
()

New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles (Monday, 9pm, ABC) This game is for supremacy in the NFC East. The Eagles lead by one game, and can get a big two-game lead with a win Monday. This series has been marked by streaks, with one team winning as many as six or seven games in a row. The Eagles have won the last two games in this series, and will extend their streak to three games this week. Prediction: Eagles 28, Giants 17.

Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs (Sunday, 1pm, CBS) AFC West rivals square off in this matchup. Both teams have lost their last two games, and are looking to turn things around and get into the AFC Wild Card race. This game will be a shootout, as both teams score over 30 points a game. The Raiders are too good to allow themselves to fall to 4-3 this week. Prediction: Raiders 38, Chiefs 37.

Denver Broncos at New England Patriots (Sunday, 4:15pm, CBS) This game features two more franchises in the thick of the AFC Wild Card hunt. The Patriots have been struggling tremendously, losing their last 3 before their bye this past week. The Broncos lost a heartbreaker to the Miami Dolphins last week. The week off will give the Pats the chance they need to get their offense back on track. Prediction: Patriots 27, Broncos 21.

Power Poll

The Cream of the Crop

1. Green Bay Packers (6-1) – Green Bay is led by QB Brett Favre, RB Ahman Green, and a solid defense that is winning them plenty of games.

2. New Orleans Saints (6-1) – The Saints have not missed RB Ricky Williams, as Deuce McAllister has more than adequately filled his shoes. QB Aaron Brooks is emerging into an NFL star.

3. San Diego Chargers (6-1) – The Chargers have come out of nowhere. They have been led by young stars RB LaDanian Tomlinson and QB Drew Brees, and they beat the Raiders last week.

4. Philadelphia Eagles (4-2) – Philadelphia is keyed by QB Donovan McNabb, perhaps the single most indispensable player in the league. A huge win over Tampa Bay last week solidifies the Eagles as an NFC title contender.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-2) – The Bucs fell victim to Philadelphia’s defense this past week. Tampa fans and players alike just hope they don’t have to return to Philly in the playoffs this year.

Bottom of the Barrel

28. North Jersey Jets (2-4) – Good news: The Jets won last week. Bad news: They beat the Vikings, a team in shambles.

29. Seattle Seahawks (1-5) – Head coach Mike Holmgren is in over his head as general manager. He would have won at least one more Super Bowl had he stayed in Green Bay.

30. Houston Texans (1-5) – The good news for the Texans is that they have a lot to look forward to. The bad news is they have to finish this season first.

31. Minnesota Vikings (1-5) – Maybe making WR Randy Moss the focal point of the offense was a mistake after all.

32. Cincinnati Bengals (0-6) – RB Corey Dillon is the ONLY bright spot for the Bungles.