Baseball players work hard, gain recognition

The Guilford College Baseball team has been a hit this season.As of Saturday, March 23, their winning record was 16-8. The record for the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) games was 6-1.

On Saturday they played a double header against Randolph-Macon and brought in two wins. This was the second double header they won both games in; the other was against Eastern Mennonite on Sunday, March 10.

In the other two double headers, they lost the first and won the second games, against Southern Virginia and Virginia Wesleyan.

Two of the ODAC Baseball Players of the Week in the past month have been Guilford Quakers.

Sophomore leftfielder A.J. McCauley received the award for the week ending March 10 and senior pitcher Joe Dooley for the week ending March 24.

Both McCauley and Dooley are first-time recipients of this award and are the two Quaker players to earn the weekly prize this year.

McCauley hit .565 in five games during the week of his award, leading the Quakers to a 5-0 streak.

Dooley was key in the three ODAC wins during the week of his recognition.

With 14 more games to go, including three ODAC tournament games, the baseball team is continually adding to their winnings. Keep up the good work, Quakers!