A Student-Athlete’s Life at Guilford College

Not only is Kwame Darko a star athlete, but he has taken on a variety of different responsibilities during his four years at Guilford. During this time, Kwame has worked in Sports Information, on Senate, in the Admissions Office, and as an RA.While working in Sports Information, Kwame took on several different jobs. “I worked the statistics for many of the players and teams,” says Kwame. “I would put those statistics on the web for people to see, and I would update them constantly.”

Kwame talks about how he really enjoyed that job. “I learned a lot about past players and teams here at Guilford. It was a great experience.”

One of Kwame’s jobs while working for Sports Information was to create the layout for the booklets made for the Fall Teams.

Kwame also talks about his short career on Senate. “I am not really a very good politician, but it was an interesting job, and I learned a lot about the Quaker process,” explains Kwame.

Working as an RA was one of Kwame’s most stressful jobs. “It was tough because I would constantly have to bust people, but that’s just part of the job.”

The most well known job that Kwame has done is working in the Admission’s Office, giving tours. “That was a good job,” says Kwame. “I constantly have new students coming up to me and saying, ‘Hey what’s up, you gave me a tour, remember?’ It always takes me a few minutes to recognize them, but I usually do.”

As far as Kwame’s academics go Kwame, works extremely hard. “I am a physics and economics major. They are both subjects that I am really into. I haven’t decided what I want to be when I graduate, but I am leaning towards going to graduate school for economics.

“Economics is a very important subject,” stresses Kwame. It is basically the life blood of this country.