National Sports Briefs

NFL
THG, the “untraceable” steroid, has been found in four Oakland Raiders blood tests.
A report on Sportsline.com has identified defensive tackle Dana Stubblefield, center Barrett Robbins, defensive tackle Chris Cooper, and linebacker Bill Romanowski as testing positive, and the men now face four-game suspensions.
Others who are to testify in court are running back Tyrone Wheatley, Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Johnnie Morton, and New England Patriots linebacker Larry Izzo.
Suspensions will not take effect until appeals have been heard which may include backup blood samples and/or a hearing.MLB
MINNEAPOLIS – The Minnesota Twins traded All-Star catcher A.J. Pierzynski to the San Francisco Giants for relief pitcher Joe Nathan and two minor leaguers Nov. 14.
Twins owner Carl Pohland wants to keep Minnesota’s $56 million payroll about the same, and Pierzynski will get a significant raise through salary arbitration in San Francisco.
Pierzynski hit .312 with 11 home runs and 74 RBI in 2003. Nathan went 12-4 with a 2.96 ERA last season, and will be used as a setup man in Minnesota.
The trade opens the door for Joe Mauer, the top pick in the 2001 amateur draft. The 20-year-old catcher hit .335 in Class A Fort Myers, and .341 in AA New Britain.

Tennis
BOMBAY, India – Anna Kournikova plans to return to competitive tennis in March after being out nearly ten months because of injury.
“I hope to be back by March, but I still can’t say for sure,” she said while on a five-day retreat in India.
A two-time Grand Slam doubles champion, she was ranked as high as No. 8 in the world. Because of her injury she has fallen to No. 135.
Kournikova has received her fair share of doubt, as many think she is not devoting enough time and energy to tennis.
“Everyone has his or her own opinion, I can’t live life and worry what others say,” said Kournikova.

Guilford Scores
Football (2-8, 1-5 ODAC)

Lost to Emory & Henry 35-20 Nov. 15

Passing: C. Gammon 11-21, 152, 2 Td’s, J. Smith 3-15, 40, P. Davis 2-5, 13.

Rushing: B. Caye 12-36, M. Rushing 5-14, B. Lindsey 1-3, J. Smith 1-3, D. Emanuel 1-1.

Receiving: C. Barnett 7-91, N. Harvey 2-38, B. Lindsey 2-19, M. Rushing 2-12, B. Caye 1-24, C. Dunn 1-15, CJ Graham 1-6.