Kurt and Jeff’s Pigskin Picks

Last Week: 1-2; Season: 2-4

Miami Dolphins at Kansas City Chiefs (Sunday, 1p.m., CBS) – The Chiefs gave the New England Patriots all they could handle last week, but fell in overtime. The Fins finally snapped their 8-game losing streak against the North Jersey Jets last week. Miami RB Ricky Williams is the key to this game. If the Dolphins can run the ball, they keep the Chiefs’ dangerous offense off the field. Prediction: Dolphins 27, Chiefs 21.

New England Patriots at San Diego Chargers (Sunday, 4:15pm, CBS) – Two 3-0 teams square off in this game. The Chargers’ defense has been very stingy, giving up an average of 8 points a game so far. Pats’ QB Tom Brady has been on fire so far, leading his team to average almost 40 points a game. Something will give here, but not enough for the Chargers to pull out the win. Prediction: Patriots 23, Chargers 16.

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers (Sunday, 1pm, CBS) – This old rivalry gets renewed this week. The Steelers have looked bad during their 0-2 start, and need to come out of the bye week with a sense of urgency if they are to get back on track as AFC favorites. This game is Cleveland’s chance to make their case as a playoff contender. Prediction: Browns 13, Steelers 10.

Power Poll
The Cream of the Crop

1. New England Patriots (3-0, 1) – The Pats survived their first challenge this past week, and QB Tom Brady looks better each time out.

2. Miami Dolphins (3-0, 2) – Miami pounded the Jets, and made a lot of people take notice of their offense. RB Ricky Williams is shining after being traded by the Saints in the offseason.

3. New Orleans Saints (3-0, 4) – The Saints look like the real thing. In beating the Bears, they played like the real thing, too.

4. Oakland Raiders (2-0, 5) – Oakland comes off their bye week fresh, confident, and primed for a big season.

5. Denver Broncos (3-0, NR) – Denver’s offense is clicking on all cylinders. QB Brian Griese may have revived his Pro Bowl status.

The Bottom of the Barrel

28. Houston Texans (1-2, NR) – After beating Dallas in Week 1, the Texans have come back to earth – hard.

29. Seattle Seahawks (0-3, 28) – Seattle looked bad in another defeat, losing a battle of kickers against the North Jersey Giants.

30. Baltimore Ravens (0-2, 31) – The Ravens got the week off. Hopefully, Ravens fans watched their 2000 Super Bowl highlights, because there won’t be any other highlights this year.

31. Detroit Lions (0-3, 32) – The Lions gave the Packers a run for their money, but they couldn’t pull the upset. Give them credit for being in a game, for a change.

32. Cincinnati Bengals (0-3, 29) – The Bungles were exposed by Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick, the most exciting athlete in the NFL this year.