Staff Editorial: A note from the incoming Editor in Chief

We’re here to listen.

You’ve been telling us all year that new Founders doesn’t feel as inviting as it used to, so The Guilfordian got together with OSLE to talk with you about what isn’t working and what we can do about it. We published the results of our collaborative brainstorm, and we will continue to work with administration to create a space where we all feel at home — hopefully starting with some art on the walls, and possibly a rolling cork board for flyers.

We heard your concerns about the fountain and plaza construction, too. We invited you to meet with us and the CRRC to turn concerns into action. The result: a handful of your peers have created a proposal for a student advisory committee to gather ideas from everyone — students, faculty, staff, and alumni — about projects that we need on campus so we can solicit funding accordingly. We will be working throughout the summer to advocate for this cause.

We’ve absolutely loved the opportunity to be your voice during these changing times, and we want to keep it going.

With the presidential search just around the corner, rest assured that we will ask you what you’d like to see in our future president and we’ll pass your thoughts along to the search committee. We’ll keep you updated on any developments throughout the search process, too.

But in the meantime, I’m going to challenge you, dear reader, because there are a few things you haven’t been telling us.

Remember when we wrote that one article you really loved? How about that story you vehemently disagreed with? It’s not enough to point it out to your friends and giggle or vent. Write to us. Tell us what you’re thinking. Give us a Letter to the Editor and we’ll put it in our next issue.

Let’s keep the conversation going, because we accomplish great things together.