Playback: how do you feel about the U.S. presidential campaign?

“I feel that the GOP candidates are dragging out the primary race too long. At this point, they’re just digging themselves a hole. Mitt Romney is probably the best candidate they have, but he’s too much of a flip-flopper. Rick Santorum is an idiot, and Ron Paul is still crazy. I didn’t even know Newt was still in it. I’m not the biggest Barack Obama fan, but I guess he is the lesser of the two evils.”
Elijah DaCosta, senior

“Americans live under the mistaken impression that our elections still matter. Warlords give way to monarchs give way to nations give way to corporations. Power wears a different mask for each time and/or culture, but remains where it always has: in the hands of the few. A gross oversimplification of empire, but true nonetheless.”
Phillip Arthur, senior

“I generally feel like the candidates are too far apart on the spectra of their issues, and they lack leadership skills. Overall, they’re too extreme in one direction or the other to successfully lead a country the size of the United States.”
Caroline Oldfield, senior

“The current campaign is a perfect example as to why women should just be put in charge of EVERYTHING.”
Susie Williams, CCE

“When I’m at home I keep up with the news, but when I’m at Guilford I don’t really follow the campaign at all.”
Nora Cooke, sophomore

“I don’t follow it much because it’s so depressing. The things the candidates say about each other and the economy makes you feel depressed, especially if you realize it actually works.”
Sara Besmertnik, sophomore