Kurt and Jeff’s Pigskin Picks: College Picks

Games of the Week

Miami at Tennessee Can the Vols salvage their season with a big win over the Hurricanes at home? No, probably not. However, Miami has looked very beatable lately,. Last weekend, Rutgers held a lead into the 4th quarter. Ken Dorsey is not the Heisman candidate everyone thought he was since RB Willis McGahee is carrying the team. McGahee will continue to do so and carry Miami to a tough win. Prediction: Miami 27, Tennessee 25.

Michigan at Minnesota Michigan finally played Michigan football last weekend drubbing Michigan State 49-3. Minnesota, on the other hand, finally played a worthy opponent in Ohio State and lost 34-3. The Wolverines will come into the Homer Dome in Minneapolis and run away with a win. Prediction: Michigan 35, Minnesota 14.

Bowling Green at Northern Illinois College football novices are scratching their heads with this one. Surprisingly this is a fight for the top spot in the MAC West, and Bowling Green is among the four unbeatens in big time college football. The Falcons, behind underrated quarterback Josh Harris, who leads the team in passing AND rushing yards, will still be unbeaten after Saturday.. Prediction: BGSU 28, NIU 13.

Oregon at Washington State It seems every week Washington State plays a big game. Last week they doubled-up Arizona State 44-22 and this week it gets harder. Oregon is coming off a nice win over Stanford. But, the Ducks are not a team beaming with confidence since losing two straight home games on October 19th and 26th and the air attack kills them. The Cougars will win a shoot-out in Pullman and climb the BCS ladder. Prediction: WSU 48, Oregon 42.

Top 15

1. Oklahoma (8-0) Best team in the nation, right now they would beat Miami by 20. (2)

2. Miami (8-0) Can redeem themselves Saturday at Tennessee. (1)

3. Ohio State (10-0) Buckeyes made Minnesota look bad, Sept. 14th game against Washington State might have been early Rose Bowl preview. (4)

4. Georgia (8-1) Back-to-back losses? Host Ole Miss Saturday. (3)

5. Iowa (9-1) QB Brad Banks will be a Heisman finalist, you heard it here first. (9)

6. Washington State (8-1) Anyone ever been to Pullman, WA? I hear they have a good football team there. (10)

7. Texas (8-1) Could sneak into a BCS bowl now. WR Roy Williams finally scored a TD. (8)

8. Virginia Tech (8-1) Loss last weekend makes Miami game that much bigger for the Hokies. They cannot make a BCS bowl with 2 losses. (5)

9. NC State (9-1) Missed first-ever 10-win season in school history, might not get it at all as they travel to Maryland, Virginia and host Florida State. (7)

10. Notre Dame (8-1) Offense looked really, really bad. I guess Willingham is human after all. (6)

11. USC (6-2) Team will either crash-and-burn or climb to a BCS bowl. Their remaining schedule is murderous (at Stanford, Arizona State, at UCLA, Notre Dame). (11)

12. Kansas State (7-2) Iowa State comes into Manhattan. No way they lose another home game this year (lost to Texas Oct 19). (13)

13. Bowling Green (8-0) If they win-out, which they should, They still will not crack AP or USA Today top 10, let alone the BCS. (14)

14. Michigan (7-2) Gave Michigan State their worst loss since 1947. (NR)

15. Oregon (7-2) Might be a one-week stay in the CPI (Cavanaugh Power Index) since they will lose to Wazzu. (NR)