Potato? This One Can’t Spell ‘George W’!

Okay, I am going to lay all my cards out on the table for this one. So here it is: Our President, George Bush, is a one 100 percent, no doubt about it, certified dope. I cannot believe that this man is actually running our county and has his finger on the button. Quite frankly, I do not like thinking about it because if I did, I don’t think I would be sleeping very well, and I don’t sleep very well to begin with.Now, don’t mistake me, I’m not saying that he isn’t a relatively smart guy. What I am saying is that he can be smart, and still be a dope. Ask yourself this question: How many people do you know in your life that you know are not dumb, but you still think are dopes? I feel the same way about our President.

Now you might be asking yourself what could have brought me to proclaim this personal revelation I experienced recently? Was it Bush’s complete disregard for American’s civil liberties in a post-9/11 world? Was it the appointment of an attorney general that lost his last election to a dead man? Or is it just the fact that he makes Dan Quayle look like Walt Whitman? Nope, none of the above.

I realized that he was a total dope when he, metaphorically speaking, put a gun in his hand, spun the barrel, placed said gun next to his head, pulled the trigger, and committed political suicide by saying that Democrats were “not interested in the security of the American people.” Bang!

These comments come on the heels of what President Bush viewed as feet-dragging by the Senate Democrats to pass his Homeland Security Bill. Forget about feet dragging, this bill might as well be wearing concrete shoes after what Bush said.

Gone are Bush’s chances on passing the Homeland Security Bill before the November elections. Plus, he has done the one thing that he did not want to do, or should not have done. He has politicized his War on Terror. Gone is the illusion that this war is about stopping terrorists and future 9/11’s. Now it’s all about sound bites and winning elections.

So when Senator Tom Daschle called him on his remarks last week, he hit the hammer right on the head. Daschle and many other Democrats saw right through Bush’s facade.

With the economy floundering and national and international opposition to Bush’s foreign policy growing, Bush and Republicans are trying to give America reasons to pull the lever for the G.O.P in November.

Bush wanted to pass this Homeland Security Bill that would establish the office of Homeland Security, but is outraged that Democrats haven’t supported him completely. Talk about arrogance: I guess he believes that all those ‘United We Stand” bumper stickers on the back of cars means he should be able to pass anything he wants without opposition.

The Democrats are perfectly within their rights to question anything a president presents to them, but the meaning behind this opposition is deeper. I believe that many Democrats are feeling guilt over not opposing or at least questioning more about the Patriot Act that was passed last year right after 9/11. They realize that they were caught up in the mob mentality and voted with their image, not their conscience.

Regardless of all that, Bush’s outburst is inexcusable. You would think that he would know better, and even if he didn’t, somebody around him definitely should have known. If Bush wants to be successful in passing his bills, then he would be wise to not call his opponents out in the same way someone challenges a person to fight.

Bush is not so much worried about protecting the American people as he is worried about the Republicans getting it handed to them on Nov. 5th. If he really wanted to protect the American people, maybe he should have given more attention to some of the terrorist warnings he got in the summer of 2001.