Premier League squares off in matches

This is unlikely. Leicester City is at the top of the Premier League poll, followed by Tottenham, Manchester City and Arsenal. Tottenham and Manchester City both have 19 wins and Arsenal has 18, but somehow the underdog, Leicester City, has 22 wins.

“Unbelievable,” said Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri in an interview with Foxes Player HD. “Thank you to our fans. The atmosphere is great when we play at home, but also when we play away. (There is) no pressure.”

Leicester City players forward Jeff Schlupp and forward Leonardo Ulloa both worked hard to lead Leicester City to a 4-0 win over Swansea City on Sunday.

This win added to the noise for Leicester City as they have now gone from English League One to the top of the Premier League in the past two years.

“Everyone contributes to make Leicester top of the league,” said Ranieri.  “(Winger) Demarai (Gray) too has a very good future if he stays calm, listens and improves.”

But knowing that Leicester is at the top does not answer who is at the bottom.

It seems hopeless for one team, Aston Villa.

“They have been through, without a doubt, the hardest season in recent history,” said Aston Villa manager Eric Black in an interview with News Now UK. “To still have turned up in their numbers is extraordinary. It’s astonishing to me.”

Aston Villa is now being relegated for the first time since 1987.

This once-phenomenal football club has now fallen.

“This is a magnificent football club,” said Black. “That has been wounded. It’s having to lick its wounds at the moment. But given time ­­­— and the right appointments — I believe this club will come back to where it was.”

Aston Villa sits at the bottom of the table with only three wins on the season.

Above Villa sits Newcastle, Norwich City and Sunderland, who do not seem to be doing much better than Black’s squad at the moment.

The Premier League has not seen an upset like this in a long time. Villa at the bottom being relegated and Leicester City at the top breaking away from the competition is unreal.

“It’s another step forward closer to our goal,” said Leicester’s Schlupp in an interview with Foxes Player HD. “It’s not a secret anymore that we are obviously playing to win it.

“We are finding ourselves at the top of the league, so we want to keep winning games, and if we keep doing that, we’ll get to our goal.”

Leicester City plans to continue their reign at the top, but they must stay focused with only three weeks left in the regular season.

Their next match is versus Manchester United on Sunday, May 1.

As for Villa, they will match up with Watford on Saturday, April 30 in what will be one of their last games in the Premier League for the foreseeable future.

A win for Villa now is only a consolation prize for the season while a win for Leicester City will secure their first Premier League title ever.