The votes are in: students rank the best grub you can gobble down in the ‘Boro

The votes have been tallied, and the results are in. With a total of 77 responses to our anonymous online survey, Guilford students chose their top five favorite Greensboro restaurants. Based on the responses, the most influential criteria during the voting process included price, quality, service and proximity to campus.

Mellow Mushroom (609 S Elm St.): Tied for fourth place, the Greensboro location of this national pizza franchise pleases students both with its affordable prices and interesting options. Specialty pizzas include toppings such as bacon and caramelized onions, blue cheese and shrimp, and curry chicken and basil. “It’s mellow and so tasty that it’s a spiritual experience,” reviewed one student. Menu items range from about $10–20 based on size and toppings.

Chinese Kitchen (5607 West Friendly Ave.): The other fourth place winner is conveniently located across the street in Quaker Village, where students may either choose to dine in or take out. Classic Chinese dishes are available, as well as Indian and Thai cuisines. Make sure to consider the lunch specials and combination dinner deals before placing your order. Menu items range from about $5–12.

Boba House (332 Tate St.): Though completely vegetarian, voters agreed that this restaurant could appeal to anyone and granted it third place. “The best vegetarian and vegan options in the Piedmont triad area,” one student wrote. With these delicious options, along with a comfortable atmosphere and great drink selection, Boba House is a perfect place to stop after a day of shopping. Menu items range from $5–10 with cheaper entrees during lunch hours.

Carolina’s Diner (5605 West Friendly Ave.): Tying for first, with a welcoming service and a menu filled with comfort food, the Quaker Village location of this Triad Area diner chain is the perfect spot for cheap, late-night eats. “The night waitress, Phyllis, is basically the best waitress in Greensboro,” a student wrote. “She’s one of the friendliest and most ass-kicking waitresses I’ve met. Also, they’ve got a bomb patty melt.” Menu items range from $3–10.

Emma Key’s (2206 Walker Ave.): This classic American restaurant has a good selection of burgers made with quality ingredients earning it first place alongside Carolina’s Diner. Specialty selections, such as the Lone Star Burger served with barbeque sauce and crispy onions, set Emma Key’s apart from other burger joints. “Damn good burgers, super helpful and kind staff, and is only a hop, skip and a jump from one of the best craft beer selections in Greensboro at Best Way,” reviewed one student. Menu items range from $3–6.

Honorable mentions:

Crafted, Lucky 32, Taqueria El Azteca, Elizabeth’s Pizza, Phoenix Asian Cuisine