The Guilfordian is the student-run newspaper of Guilford College. We are guided by the seven core values of our institution; community, diversity, equality, excellence, integrity, justice and stewardship. We shall always strive to remain true to the facts, to our community’s ideals and to our mission.
Our mission is to:
- provide a high-quality, reliable, informative and entertaining forum for the exchange of ideas, information and creativity
- fully inform the community of current news and events in a manner that is timely, accurate, fair and wholly factual
- enable a multitude of perspectives while moving away from the singular, disembodied voice that defines traditional journalism
- craft our writing, videos, photos, and print and web design with awareness, intention and respect for diversity
- bring to light the underreported and untold social justice stories of Guilford College, of Greensboro, of the United States and abroad
- investigate and hold the College accountable to its commitment to the seven core values
- promote dialogue between our organization and the Guilford College community to better serve our readership
- constantly pursue greater education in journalism and the practice of social awareness
The Guilfordian intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Guilfordian does not allow anonymous comments, and requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.
Contact The Guilfordian
Phone: (336) 316-2306
Address: 5800 W. Friendly Ave
Greensboro, NC 27410
email: [email protected]